Monday, October 3, 2011

Quiet Time!

Hey everyone!

Did you read my profile?  If you did, you will see that I created a pen name.  Joggingpoet.  I love to jog and I love to write poems.
Every morning (except Sundays) I jog between 3 and 3 and a half miles.  I am very slow(my grandson can keep up with me).  It takes me about 45 minutes.  I use that time to mediate.  To commune with God.  To listen to him.  To hear Him. I do not not use an Ipod or any other kind of tool to keep me in the groove.  I jog and listen.  My thoughts are on Him who gives me the strength to move. I call this time QUIET TIME.  I look forward to this time and gets very upset if I wake up late.   Late means its hot. Heat is not my best friend.  Sometimes even when I wake up late, I jog anyway.  Jonesing for my quiet time!  Gets home and screams "water, water."  Do you have a "quiet time?" Where do you and God hang out?
I really need to do something about cooking. Craving for some Turks and Caicos Islands-style fish soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment